UPDATED: For March 2021 Lockdown
Please note that as we continue to social distance due to COVID-19, I can only accept scans of your originals by email or posted photos and prearranged drop-offs, no in-house visits due to the Corona Virus. This helps us all stay safe through these tough times. Many thanks for your understanding.
The best way to get your photos to me is to scan and email them. You can still post them but it is advised to stay home and stay safe and save lives. Should you post them I will wait 48 hours before opening.
I will be supplying a digital-only service. If you order prints I can place these on order and ship them out when it is safe to do so but due to demands on the postal service this is slow and at present (Feb 2021)
Things you can do during this pandemic.
- Check for fading and damage – Dig out your family albums and see if they are in good health.
- Organise, date and annotate your photos
- Start a Family Tree
- Scan in your images (see how to scan your photos)
- Restore your photos Get those damaged photos restored
- Colourize your photos Get those black and white images coloured
- Blog Read the photo restoration blog for some great stories and tech reviews and restoration examples
- Teach yourself photo restoration by watching my photo restoration courses on LinkedIn
Help with scanning
If your photos are in need of restoration you may find them in varying states of decay and be faced with water damage or scanning difficulties. I have listed a few useful posts below to get you through these problems.
Hopefully the above will give you plenty to do if you find yourself with time on your hands. Remember to stay safe, stay in and save lives!