In need of a football photo restoration, this image has the glass smashed and stuck to the photo and was fit for the trash.. or was it? of course not!
This photo was sent into me in September to be restored as a Christmas present. Only now can i show you the results.
Clearly in need of some major restoration I wrote a letter to Father Christmas and asked if he could do it for me. Alas it was too early for sending in requests (September) so I took on the Challenge myself.
Anyone who has read my blog and knows my style of restoration will know what i’m about to say. It was restored using all the usual tools. The restoration process highlights are.
Clone, patch and spot healing brush to get rid of or patch over a majority of the damage. I cover a lot of this in my photo restoration start to finish walk through course on Lynda.com as well as else where on my blog. There was some re-colouring just to even out the uniforms and grass. The tricky part was making so many skin repairs to the knees. The final result is below.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!